Dr Saad B Ahmed is a Consultant Geriatrician and General Medicine Physician. Saad graduated from the University of Peshawar in 2003 and then moved to the United Kingdom to undertake further training in medicine and received the membership from The Royal College of Physicians, London. He completed his advanced training at St. Vincent, Monash and Ballarat Hospital focusing on geriatrics, general internal medicine and perioperative medicine. Saad also undertook six months training in Palliative care medicine and Pain management at Peter McCallum Centre.
Saad holds private appointments at St. John of God Berwick and provides both inpatient and outpatient care. He also provides perioperative medical consultation to surgical patients and if required, he can continue to follow up patients after their surgery for ongoing medical issues.
Saad welcomes all medicine-related referrals. His special interests are in:
• Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
• Dementia, Delirium and BPSD management
• Continence, Falls and balance management
• Acute and chronic pain management
• Perioperative risk assessment as well as investigation and management of any undiagnosed conditions
• Diagnosis and management of acute and complex illnesses
Saad is fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and Pushto.